What is involved in Professional Services Automation
Find out what the related areas are that Professional Services Automation connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Professional Services Automation thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Professional Services Automation journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Professional Services Automation leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Professional Services Automation related domains to cover and 96 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Professional Services Automation, Comparison of PSA systems, Customer Relationship Management, ERP software, Independent contractors, Knowledge management, Performance indicator, Project management, Resource management, Software and Information Industry Association, Utilization rate:
Professional Services Automation Critical Criteria:
Audit Professional Services Automation governance and point out improvements in Professional Services Automation.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Professional Services Automation information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How does a discourse community emerge to launch an organizing vision for an IT innovation before it becomes fashionable or institutionalized?
– Are your current project management and time and expense capture applications outdated and expensive to update and maintain?
– What number would you put on the performance gains you expect to see from moving to PsA?
– Do you have low utilization levels (or do you even know your billable utilization)?
– Does it take too long to manually collect time and expense to bill clients?
– Do you look to improve service sales and service delivery consistency?
– Is it important to have access to information in real time?
– Municipal or federal procurement protocols may also apply?
– How do I know if I m charging too much or too little?
– What do I do when asked: can you get the price down?
– How can we improve the responsiveness of service?
– How can we better explain our fees to clients?
– What constitutes professional services?
– Have you outgrown your current systems?
– Do I need professional services?
– What are the explicit barriers?
– Is it time for PSA?
Comparison of PSA systems Critical Criteria:
Focus on Comparison of PSA systems visions and plan concise Comparison of PSA systems education.
– Does Professional Services Automation analysis show the relationships among important Professional Services Automation factors?
Customer Relationship Management Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Customer Relationship Management projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Customer Relationship Management because they lack skills.
– How many training hours are included within the standard support and maintenance agreement and how is that training delivered (e.g., at the vendors location, onsite at the customers location, via the web)?
– What is the value of integrating social intelligence listening and engagement into the CRM your business is using?
– Will the Exchange provide the call volumes and average handle time for the Tier 1 and Tier II calls?
– Are there any call deflection user stories implemented already in the existing exchange/CRM system?
– Have you anticipated questions that your visitors or customers might have?
– Is the installed memory sufficient, based on installation recommendations?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– Job Satisfaction and Job performance: Is the relationship spurious?
– Is there a pattern to our clients buying habits (e.g., seasonal)?
– Do you have a mechanism to collect visitor/customer information?
– Does the current CRM support communication of Tier 3 requests?
– Are abandons included in your service level denominator?
– What are the necessary steps to evaluate a CRM solution?
– What are the fastest growing CRM solutions right now?
– Is the Outlook synchronization subscription valid?
– Can visitors/customers register on your website?
– What are some of the future directions of CRM?
– Is the metadata cache size acceptable?
– Are we better off going outside?
– Why Keep Archives?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Judge ERP software goals and prioritize challenges of ERP software.
– Is there a Professional Services Automation Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Professional Services Automation ?
– What business benefits will Professional Services Automation goals deliver if achieved?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
Independent contractors Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Independent contractors adoptions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Independent contractors is getting what it needs.
– Think about the people you identified for your Professional Services Automation project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Professional Services Automation study?
– What vendors make products that address the Professional Services Automation needs?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Mix Knowledge management planning and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Professional Services Automation project?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Professional Services Automation leaders?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– How do we manage Professional Services Automation Knowledge Management (KM)?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Performance indicator Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Performance indicator strategies and learn.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– To what extent did the results indicate that the program goals, objectives and performance indicators had been achieved?
– Kpi key performance indicators opportunities. are there opportunities to use the field/table to measure performance?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Professional Services Automation activities?
– Have you identified your Professional Services Automation key performance indicators?
– How does the proposed solution help measure each performance indicator?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– What are valid performance indicators for the service desk?
– How can skill-level changes improve Professional Services Automation?
– What are your performance indicators?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Project management risks and acquire concise Project management education.
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Originally, agile project management required collocated teams. How could a new product or service be developed in the 21st century without them?
– How much effort and investment in time and resources will be required to develop new tools, templates and processes?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– Will reporting methods be different for agile versus traditional projects?
– What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– Why would anyone want to discard the benefits of collocated teams?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– What are the Commercial aspects of Project Management?
– Can scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– that is fine as far as it goes, but does this scale?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– How does cost of change affect software?
– How do we deal with change?
Resource management Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Resource management visions and explore and align the progress in Resource management.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Professional Services Automation project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– What is the purpose of Professional Services Automation in relation to the mission?
– What are the barriers to increased Professional Services Automation production?
– Can we reuse our existing resource management and configuration tools?
– Why study Human Resources management (hrm)?
Software and Information Industry Association Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Software and Information Industry Association projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Software and Information Industry Association because they lack skills.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Professional Services Automation?
– How is the value delivered by Professional Services Automation being measured?
Utilization rate Critical Criteria:
Audit Utilization rate tasks and get going.
– How important is Professional Services Automation to the user organizations mission?
– Do Professional Services Automation rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Professional Services Automation Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Professional Services Automation External links:
Professional Services Automation (PSA) solution | …
Comparison of PSA systems External links:
Comparison of PSA systems – 21pw.com
Comparison of PSA systems – matajiwa.com
Comparison of PSA systems – yourvoiceinfo.blogspot.com
Customer Relationship Management External links:
Customer Relationship Management | CRM Software – Vtiger
Agile CRM – Customer Relationship Management
ERP software External links:
Cloud ERP Software Apps on the Salesforce Platform
ERP Software | Epicor ERP
Munis Software | Financial ERP Software | Tyler Technologies
Knowledge management External links:
Knowledge Management Consulting Firm | Iknow LLC
APQC’s 2018 Knowledge Management Conference
Knowledge Management System – Login
Performance indicator External links:
Understanding Key Performance Indicators or KPI
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – Benchmarking Success
NRC: Performance Indicator Guidance
Project management External links:
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Project Management Institute – Official Site
Resource management External links:
SHRM Online – Society for Human Resource Management
Home – Ag Resource Management
RxClearinghouse – Your medical resource management …
Software and Information Industry Association External links:
Software and Information Industry Association DPSS …
Utilization rate External links:
Capacity Utilization Rate – investopedia.com