What is involved in Project-Based Learning
Find out what the related areas are that Project-Based Learning connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Project-Based Learning thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Project-Based Learning journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Project-Based Learning leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Project-Based Learning related domains to cover and 95 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Project-Based Learning, 21st century skills, Active learning, Challenge-based learning, Constructivist learning, Da Vinci Schools, Design-based learning, Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy, Dragons’ Den, EdVisions Schools, Envision Schools, European Union, Experiential education, Fremdsprachen und Hochschule, Hyper Island, Inquiry-based learning, International Baccalaureate, Khan Lab School, Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013, Manor Independent School District, Muscatine High School, New Tech Network, New Technology High School, Nobel Education Network, North Bay Academy of Communication and Design, North Peace Secondary School, Northwoods Community Secondary School, Phenomenon-based learning, Problem-based learning, Raisbeck Aviation High School, Reggio Emilia approach, Shark Tank, Student-centred learning, Student voice, Sudbury school, TAGOS Leadership Academy, Teaching for social justice, Think Global School, Valley New School, Vega Schools, Gurgaon:
Project-Based Learning Critical Criteria:
Probe Project-Based Learning outcomes and check on ways to get started with Project-Based Learning.
– How do we go about Securing Project-Based Learning?
– Are there Project-Based Learning Models?
21st century skills Critical Criteria:
Analyze 21st century skills planning and transcribe 21st century skills as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Project-Based Learning forward?
– Who sets the Project-Based Learning standards?
Active learning Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Active learning risks and explain and analyze the challenges of Active learning.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Project-Based Learning agendas for the next 3 years?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Project-Based Learning study?
– How do we Improve Project-Based Learning service perception, and satisfaction?
Challenge-based learning Critical Criteria:
Talk about Challenge-based learning tasks and oversee implementation of Challenge-based learning.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Project-Based Learning in a volatile global economy?
– How much does Project-Based Learning help?
Constructivist learning Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Constructivist learning goals and display thorough understanding of the Constructivist learning process.
– For your Project-Based Learning project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Among the Project-Based Learning product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are our Project-Based Learning Processes?
Da Vinci Schools Critical Criteria:
Model after Da Vinci Schools tactics and report on setting up Da Vinci Schools without losing ground.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Project-Based Learning processes?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Project-Based Learning project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Project-Based Learning been identified and analyzed?
Design-based learning Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Design-based learning goals and tour deciding if Design-based learning progress is made.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Project-Based Learning is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is there a Project-Based Learning Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How to Secure Project-Based Learning?
Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy Critical Criteria:
Chart Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy engagements and correct better engagement with Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy results.
– In the case of a Project-Based Learning project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Project-Based Learning project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Project-Based Learning project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does Project-Based Learning analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Dragons’ Den Critical Criteria:
Study Dragons’ Den planning and test out new things.
– When a Project-Based Learning manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Project-Based Learning Management?
– Are we Assessing Project-Based Learning and Risk?
EdVisions Schools Critical Criteria:
Refer to EdVisions Schools strategies and check on ways to get started with EdVisions Schools.
– Can we do Project-Based Learning without complex (expensive) analysis?
Envision Schools Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Envision Schools failures and define Envision Schools competency-based leadership.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Project-Based Learning that make it risky?
– Do we have past Project-Based Learning Successes?
– Is Project-Based Learning Required?
European Union Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for European Union issues and pioneer acquisition of European Union systems.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Project-Based Learning services/products?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Project-Based Learning project manager?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Project-Based Learning objectives?
Experiential education Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Experiential education failures and learn.
– Will Project-Based Learning have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Fremdsprachen und Hochschule Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Fremdsprachen und Hochschule risks and correct Fremdsprachen und Hochschule management by competencies.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Project-Based Learning goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How likely is the current Project-Based Learning plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Hyper Island Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Hyper Island leadership and check on ways to get started with Hyper Island.
– Does Project-Based Learning systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is Project-Based Learning Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Inquiry-based learning Critical Criteria:
Investigate Inquiry-based learning engagements and summarize a clear Inquiry-based learning focus.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Project-Based Learning does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Project-Based Learning moving forward?
– What are internal and external Project-Based Learning relations?
International Baccalaureate Critical Criteria:
Give examples of International Baccalaureate tasks and overcome International Baccalaureate skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Project-Based Learning ?
Khan Lab School Critical Criteria:
Nurse Khan Lab School engagements and find the essential reading for Khan Lab School researchers.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Project-Based Learning workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Will Project-Based Learning deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013 Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013 engagements and spearhead techniques for implementing Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013.
– How do we Identify specific Project-Based Learning investment and emerging trends?
– Are accountability and ownership for Project-Based Learning clearly defined?
– How do we go about Comparing Project-Based Learning approaches/solutions?
Manor Independent School District Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Manor Independent School District engagements and find out what it really means.
– Is there any existing Project-Based Learning governance structure?
– How to deal with Project-Based Learning Changes?
– Why are Project-Based Learning skills important?
Muscatine High School Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Muscatine High School engagements and achieve a single Muscatine High School view and bringing data together.
– What are the key elements of your Project-Based Learning performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Project-Based Learning activities?
New Tech Network Critical Criteria:
Model after New Tech Network issues and gather practices for scaling New Tech Network.
– Do we monitor the Project-Based Learning decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Are assumptions made in Project-Based Learning stated explicitly?
New Technology High School Critical Criteria:
Start New Technology High School adoptions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive New Technology High School decisions.
– what is the best design framework for Project-Based Learning organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are our needs in relation to Project-Based Learning skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Nobel Education Network Critical Criteria:
Infer Nobel Education Network adoptions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Nobel Education Network results.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Project-Based Learning into the services that we provide?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Project-Based Learning strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Do the Project-Based Learning decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
North Bay Academy of Communication and Design Critical Criteria:
Incorporate North Bay Academy of Communication and Design issues and find answers.
– What are the usability implications of Project-Based Learning actions?
– How can you measure Project-Based Learning in a systematic way?
– Why is Project-Based Learning important for you now?
North Peace Secondary School Critical Criteria:
Read up on North Peace Secondary School failures and reduce North Peace Secondary School costs.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Project-Based Learning models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What vendors make products that address the Project-Based Learning needs?
Northwoods Community Secondary School Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Northwoods Community Secondary School outcomes and mentor Northwoods Community Secondary School customer orientation.
– What is the purpose of Project-Based Learning in relation to the mission?
Phenomenon-based learning Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Phenomenon-based learning engagements and display thorough understanding of the Phenomenon-based learning process.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Project-Based Learning process?
– Does Project-Based Learning appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Problem-based learning Critical Criteria:
Consult on Problem-based learning management and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Problem-based learning results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Project-Based Learning?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Project-Based Learning objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What threat is Project-Based Learning addressing?
Raisbeck Aviation High School Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Raisbeck Aviation High School governance and observe effective Raisbeck Aviation High School.
– What are the short and long-term Project-Based Learning goals?
Reggio Emilia approach Critical Criteria:
Devise Reggio Emilia approach engagements and report on setting up Reggio Emilia approach without losing ground.
– Does Project-Based Learning create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is the source of the strategies for Project-Based Learning strengthening and reform?
Shark Tank Critical Criteria:
Think about Shark Tank failures and work towards be a leading Shark Tank expert.
– Are there recognized Project-Based Learning problems?
Student-centred learning Critical Criteria:
Chat re Student-centred learning management and ask what if.
– Which customers cant participate in our Project-Based Learning domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Project-Based Learning, including any consulting or professional services?
Student voice Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Student voice issues and research ways can we become the Student voice company that would put us out of business.
– Have all basic functions of Project-Based Learning been defined?
– Is a Project-Based Learning Team Work effort in place?
Sudbury school Critical Criteria:
Grade Sudbury school visions and budget for Sudbury school challenges.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Project-Based Learning effort?
TAGOS Leadership Academy Critical Criteria:
Drive TAGOS Leadership Academy decisions and triple focus on important concepts of TAGOS Leadership Academy relationship management.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Project-Based Learning activities?
– What is our Project-Based Learning Strategy?
Teaching for social justice Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Teaching for social justice governance and grade techniques for implementing Teaching for social justice controls.
– How important is Project-Based Learning to the user organizations mission?
– What are specific Project-Based Learning Rules to follow?
Think Global School Critical Criteria:
Consider Think Global School results and look at the big picture.
– What are the business goals Project-Based Learning is aiming to achieve?
Valley New School Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Valley New School risks and adopt an insight outlook.
– Do those selected for the Project-Based Learning team have a good general understanding of what Project-Based Learning is all about?
Vega Schools, Gurgaon Critical Criteria:
Own Vega Schools, Gurgaon quality and do something to it.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Project-Based Learning strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How will you know that the Project-Based Learning project has been successful?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Project-Based Learning Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Project-Based Learning External links:
Driving Questions in Project-based Learning
21st century skills External links:
What are 21st century skills? | Thoughtful Learning K-12
[PDF]An Overview of EVALUATION 21st Century Skills
You For Youth // Building 21st Century Skills
Active learning External links:
Examples of Active Learning from UW-Eau Claire Instructors
Active Learning | CRLT
Active Learning Strategies | Center for Teaching & Learning
Constructivist learning External links:
Constructivist Learning Theory | Exploratorium
[PDF]Constructivist Learning Theory – beta.edtechpolicy.org
[PDF]Chapter 10 Constructivist Learning Theory, Problem …
Da Vinci Schools External links:
Da Vinci Schools Annual Giving Campaign (2017-18)
Da Vinci Schools – Official MapQuest
Da Vinci Schools | SchoolMint
Design-based learning External links:
Design-Based Learning and Student Achievement – ASCD
Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy External links:
Education: Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy
DPEA | Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy
Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy Foundation – GuideStar …
EdVisions Schools External links:
Edvisions Schools Inc – GreatNonprofits
EdVisions Schools 10th Annual Summer Institute …
EdVisions Schools – Center for School Change
Envision Schools External links:
Envision Schools College Success Portfolio Defense
Envision Schools – Edutopia
Envision Schools Jobs with Part-Time, Telecommuting, …
European Union External links:
European Union (EU) Export Certificate List
EUROPA – European Union website, the official EU website
Experiential education External links:
Experiential Education Curriculum | Carpe Diem Education
Journal of Experiential Education
Center for Career and Experiential Education
Hyper Island External links:
Hyper Island – Change your tomorrow
Hyper Island – Digital Experience Design – Medium
Hyper Island – Official Site
Inquiry-based learning External links:
“Inquiry-based learning set” by Ron Oliver
Inquiry-Based Learning – eLearning Industry
International Baccalaureate External links:
International Baccalaureate / What are the IB Attitudes
Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate
International Baccalaureate (IB) / Homepage
Khan Lab School External links:
Khan Lab School | Kurani
Khan Lab School – Official Site
Khan Lab School – YouTube
Manor Independent School District External links:
Home Page-Manor Independent School District New …
Manor Independent School District – TalentEd Recruit & Hire
Muscatine High School External links:
Muscatine High School Swimming and Diving – Home | Facebook
Muscatine High School Cheerleading – Home | Facebook
Muscatine High School – Official Site
New Tech Network External links:
New Tech Network – Washington Elementary School
New Tech Network – Home | Facebook
New Tech Network | HuffPost
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/topic/new tech network
New Technology High School External links:
Anderson New Technology High School
Sacramento New Technology High School – Home | Facebook
Sacramento New Technology High School – We Design …
Nobel Education Network External links:
Nobel Education Network – issuu
Nobel Education Network | Empowering Individuals
Welcome to the Nobel Education Network – YouTube
North Bay Academy of Communication and Design External links:
North Bay Academy of Communication and Design – …
North Peace Secondary School External links:
North Peace Secondary School – Posts | Facebook
Northwoods Community Secondary School External links:
Northwoods Community Secondary School – Home | Facebook
NCSS – Northwoods Community Secondary School
Phenomenon-based learning External links:
Buy Using Physics Gadgets and Gizmos, Grades 9-12: Phenomenon-Based Learning: Read 2 Books Reviews – Amazon.com
Phenomenon-Based Learning: What is PBL? | Noodle
Problem-based learning External links:
[PDF]Two Problem-Based Learning Cases: …
Case-based Teaching and Problem-based Learning | CRLT
Raisbeck Aviation High School External links:
Raisbeck Aviation High School – YouTube
Raisbeck Aviation High School in Tukwila, WA – Niche
Raisbeck Aviation High School PTSA – Home | Facebook
Reggio Emilia approach External links:
History and philosophy – The Reggio Emilia Approach: …
New Reggio Emilia Approach Certificate Program!
Reggio Emilia Approach | Reggio Children
Shark Tank External links:
Shark Tank – Official Site
Amazon.com : Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty with REAL Grass – As Seen on SHARK TANK : Pet Training Pads : Pet Supplies
Student voice External links:
HOME | Student Voice
Learning from Student Voice: Bullying – YouthTruth
Amplifying Student Voice – Microsoft in Education
Sudbury school External links:
Tallgrass Sudbury School
Home • THE BOULDER SUDBURY SCHOOL
Sunset Sudbury School – Home | Facebook
TAGOS Leadership Academy External links:
TAGOS Leadership Academy – Posts | Facebook
TAGOS Leadership Academy ~ Janesville, Wisconsin ~ …
Project Topic Ideas – TAGOS Leadership Academy
Teaching for social justice External links:
[PDF]HAW091467 Teaching for social justice: A pedagogy …
[PDF]What Does Teaching for Social Justice Mean to …
Think Global School External links:
Think Global School – Official Site
THINK Global School – YouTube
THINK Global School | Flickr
Valley New School External links:
Valley New School Appleton WI – VocabularySpellingCity
Enrollment at Valley New School in Appleton, WI
Valley New School Supply Lists 2017-2018 – TeacherLists
Vega Schools, Gurgaon External links:
Vega Schools, Gurgaon Haryana – Schools | Hotfrog INDIA
Vega Schools, Gurgaon – findglocal.com