What is involved in terminal emulation
Find out what the related areas are that terminal emulation connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a terminal emulation thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its terminal emulation journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward terminal emulation leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which terminal emulation related domains to cover and 94 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
terminal emulation, Terminal emulator, ANSI X3.64, ANSI escape code, Applied Digital Data Systems, Binary Synchronous Communications, Block-oriented terminal, Command-line interface, Comparison of terminal emulators, Computer terminal, Data General, Error detection, Escape sequences, GNOME Terminal, Graphical user interface, Hewlett Packard, Honeywell Bull, IBM 3179G, IBM 3270, IBM 5250, ISO/IEC 6429, International Computers Limited, Microsoft Windows, Online service provider, Secure Shell, Serial interface, System z9, Text terminal, Text user interface, W. Richard Stevens, X Window System, Xfce Terminal:
terminal emulation Critical Criteria:
Confer re terminal emulation strategies and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How can you negotiate terminal emulation successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as terminal emulation leaders?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom terminal emulation project?
Terminal emulator Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Terminal emulator adoptions and find answers.
– What are the long-term terminal emulation goals?
ANSI X3.64 Critical Criteria:
Graph ANSI X3.64 strategies and improve ANSI X3.64 service perception.
– What potential environmental factors impact the terminal emulation effort?
– What are the Key enablers to make this terminal emulation move?
– What will drive terminal emulation change?
ANSI escape code Critical Criteria:
Chart ANSI escape code goals and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once terminal emulation is underway?
– Is there any existing terminal emulation governance structure?
– How can we improve terminal emulation?
Applied Digital Data Systems Critical Criteria:
Discuss Applied Digital Data Systems projects and summarize a clear Applied Digital Data Systems focus.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations terminal emulation values?
– Can we do terminal emulation without complex (expensive) analysis?
Binary Synchronous Communications Critical Criteria:
Survey Binary Synchronous Communications projects and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Binary Synchronous Communications.
– what is the best design framework for terminal emulation organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do we measure improved terminal emulation service perception, and satisfaction?
Block-oriented terminal Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Block-oriented terminal results and differentiate in coordinating Block-oriented terminal.
– Consider your own terminal emulation project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether terminal emulation goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What about terminal emulation Analysis of results?
Command-line interface Critical Criteria:
X-ray Command-line interface management and mentor Command-line interface customer orientation.
– Does terminal emulation include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Have all basic functions of terminal emulation been defined?
– Who sets the terminal emulation standards?
Comparison of terminal emulators Critical Criteria:
Discuss Comparison of terminal emulators planning and create a map for yourself.
– Think about the people you identified for your terminal emulation project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your terminal emulation strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of terminal emulation into the services that we provide?
Computer terminal Critical Criteria:
Trace Computer terminal tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Computer terminal.
– Do we prepare for the future where the internet will move significantly beyond relying on handheld devices and computer terminals towards a more massively integrated web of things?
– Does terminal emulation systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Why should we adopt a terminal emulation framework?
Data General Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Data General strategies and probe Data General strategic alliances.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of terminal emulation product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that terminal emulation objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is terminal emulation Required?
Error detection Critical Criteria:
Mix Error detection engagements and define Error detection competency-based leadership.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new terminal emulation in a volatile global economy?
– What are our best practices for minimizing terminal emulation project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the terminal emulation project lifecycle?
– Will terminal emulation have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Escape sequences Critical Criteria:
Value Escape sequences planning and finalize specific methods for Escape sequences acceptance.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your terminal emulation processes?
– Does the terminal emulation task fit the clients priorities?
– Is Supporting terminal emulation documentation required?
GNOME Terminal Critical Criteria:
Generalize GNOME Terminal tasks and drive action.
– Does terminal emulation create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– When a terminal emulation manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of terminal emulation?
Graphical user interface Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Graphical user interface strategies and ask what if.
– Is there a terminal emulation Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Have the types of risks that may impact terminal emulation been identified and analyzed?
Hewlett Packard Critical Criteria:
Devise Hewlett Packard quality and explore and align the progress in Hewlett Packard.
– How do we maintain terminal emulations Integrity?
– What is Effective terminal emulation?
Honeywell Bull Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Honeywell Bull strategies and remodel and develop an effective Honeywell Bull strategy.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a terminal emulation strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
IBM 3179G Critical Criteria:
Debate over IBM 3179G decisions and find answers.
IBM 3270 Critical Criteria:
Depict IBM 3270 decisions and look at the big picture.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these terminal emulation processes?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting terminal emulation with what users do day-to-day?
– Does our organization need more terminal emulation education?
IBM 5250 Critical Criteria:
Study IBM 5250 results and develop and take control of the IBM 5250 initiative.
ISO/IEC 6429 Critical Criteria:
Debate over ISO/IEC 6429 leadership and know what your objective is.
– What are the key elements of your terminal emulation performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its terminal emulation processes?
– What are the business goals terminal emulation is aiming to achieve?
International Computers Limited Critical Criteria:
Track International Computers Limited tactics and learn.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to terminal emulation?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Examine Microsoft Windows failures and separate what are the business goals Microsoft Windows is aiming to achieve.
– How can skill-level changes improve terminal emulation?
Online service provider Critical Criteria:
Use past Online service provider issues and find out what it really means.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once terminal emulation is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are internal and external terminal emulation relations?
Secure Shell Critical Criteria:
Look at Secure Shell issues and develop and take control of the Secure Shell initiative.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a terminal emulation study?
Serial interface Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Serial interface issues and be persistent.
– Can we add value to the current terminal emulation decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Do terminal emulation rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
System z9 Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about System z9 adoptions and document what potential System z9 megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a terminal emulation project?
– Will terminal emulation deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Text terminal Critical Criteria:
Own Text terminal management and be persistent.
– Does terminal emulation analysis show the relationships among important terminal emulation factors?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the terminal emulation requirements in detail?
Text user interface Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Text user interface adoptions and gather practices for scaling Text user interface.
– For your terminal emulation project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– In a project to restructure terminal emulation outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How likely is the current terminal emulation plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
W. Richard Stevens Critical Criteria:
Inquire about W. Richard Stevens results and research ways can we become the W. Richard Stevens company that would put us out of business.
– Who needs to know about terminal emulation ?
X Window System Critical Criteria:
Analyze X Window System tasks and create X Window System explanations for all managers.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for terminal emulation strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the barriers to increased terminal emulation production?
– What are current terminal emulation Paradigms?
Xfce Terminal Critical Criteria:
Pilot Xfce Terminal risks and report on setting up Xfce Terminal without losing ground.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the terminal emulation Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
terminal emulation External links:
TN3270 Terminal emulation for Windows 7/8/10
StayLinked Terminal Emulation and Advanced Session …
TN5250 Terminal emulation for Windows 7/8/10 from …
Terminal emulator External links:
The Best Terminal Emulator for Linux – Lifehacker
HyperTerminal Windows 7, 8, 10 Terminal Emulator – Hilgraeve
What is a Terminal Emulator? (with picture) – wisegeek.com
ANSI X3.64 External links:
From the bitsavers.org collection, a scanned-in computer-related document.qms :: 1720452A QMS ANSI x3.64 Programming Manual Aug86
http://[PDF]QMS®/ANSI x3.64 Programming Manual – textfiles.com
ANSI X3.64 Command Reference for TCC
Standard: ANSI X3.64 – standards.globalspec.com
ANSI escape code External links:
ANSI escape code | Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/ANSI escape code
ANSI escape code – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
ANSI escape code – Just Solve the File Format Problem
Applied Digital Data Systems External links:
Applied Digital Data Systems – 100 Marcus Blvd, …
Rca Corp V Applied Digital Data Systems Inc – vitona.de
Rca Corp V Applied Digital Data Systems Inc – mylopa.de
Binary Synchronous Communications External links:
Binary Synchronous Communications – IEEE Xplore …
BISYNC (Binary Synchronous Communications) …
Binary Synchronous Communications
http://Binary Synchronous Communication (BSC or Bisync) is an IBM character-oriented, half-duplex link protocol, announced in 1967 after the introduction of System/360. It replaced the synchronous transmit-receive (STR) protocol used with second generation computers. The intent was that common link management rules could be used with three different character encodings for messages.
Block-oriented terminal External links:
Block-oriented terminal – Revolvy
Command-line interface External links:
NuGet Command-Line Interface (CLI) Reference | …
Command-Line Interface – Gradle User Manual
Comparison of terminal emulators External links:
Comparison of terminal emulators – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Comparison of terminal emulators
Computer terminal External links:
Tiny Terrain: Computer Terminal (New Arrival)
Personal Computer Terminal – Home | Facebook
How to Hack a Computer Terminal in Fallout 3: 8 Steps
Data General External links:
The BITSAVERS.ORG Documents Library: Data General : …
Error detection External links:
Topic: Coding for Error Detection and Correction
Advanced Error Detection | AG Healthcare
Hamming Code – error detection and correction – YouTube
Escape sequences External links:
URL escape sequences – Everything2.com
Escape sequences – cppreference.com
GNOME Terminal External links:
[SOLVED] Gnome terminal not working after upgrade to …
Gnome Terminal Online – rollApp
Graphical user interface External links:
What is a GUI (Graphical User Interface)? – Computer Hope
Graphical user interface – ScienceDaily
Graphical user interface
http://In computer science, a graphical user interface or GUI, pronounced /ˈɡuːi/ (“gooey”) is a type of interface that allows users to interact with electronic devices through graphical icons and visual indicators such as secondary notation, as opposed to text-based interfaces, typed command labels or text navigation.
Hewlett Packard External links:
HPE InfoSight™ | Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Find a Partner | Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Support Help & …
Honeywell Bull External links:
[Cii-Honeywell Bull] – YouTube
Honeywell Bull Nederland N.V. – Amsterdam 1976
Honeywell Bull Computer Advert – YouTube
IBM 3270 External links:
[PDF]EIS Macros Using IBM 3270 – DPAweb
IBM 3270 – YouTube
IBM 5250 External links:
http://IBM 5250 was a family of block-oriented terminals originally introduced with the IBM System/34 midrange computer systems in 1977. It also connected to the later System/36, System/38, AS/400, System i, and IBM i running on Power systems.
88H0240 IBM 5250 Emulation ISA Twinax Adapter Kit – NEW!
http://www.ebay.com › … › Interface/Add-On Cards › Network Cards
IBM 5250エミュレーター Wavelink TE設定紹介～基本設 …
ISO/IEC 6429 External links:
ISO/IEC 6429:1992 | IEC Webstore
http://It is also adopted by ISO and IEC as standard ISO/IEC 6429. Platform support. The widespread use of ANSI by bulletin boards and online services led to almost universal platform support by the mid 1980s. In most cases this took the form of a terminal emulator (such as xterm on Unix or the OS X Terminal or ZTerm on MacOS and many …
ISO/IEC 6429 – update.revolvy.com
International Computers Limited External links:
INTERNATIONAL COMPUTERS LIMITED | ICIJ Offshore …
International Computers Limited | SpringerLink
1984 – International Computers Limited – YouTube
Microsoft Windows External links:
Changing Microsoft Windows and Office Product Keys
Apps | Microsoft Windows 10 | Official Site
Online service provider External links:
Online Service Provider Search – Salesforce.com
HolyLandPrayer.com is a Prayer Request Online Service Provider
Asjcomputers Online service Provider – Home | Facebook
Secure Shell External links:
What is Secure Shell (SSH)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
[PPT]Secure Shell – SSH
CiteSeerX — Abstract: Secure Shell Proxy Intrusion Detection
Serial interface External links:
[PDF]16-Bit I/O Expander with Serial Interface
What is a serial interface? – University of Notre Dame
MIPI Display Serial Interface (MIPI DSI)
System z9 External links:
[PDF]IBM System z9 Enterprise Class Technical Guide
IBM System z9 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
IBM System z9 Enterprise Class Technical Guide – IBM Redbooks
Text terminal External links:
automate interactions with command line programs that expose a text terminal interface.
Text Terminal Screensaver for Windows – Screensavers …
Text user interface External links:
FLUENT 6.3 User’s Guide – 3. Text User Interface (TUI)
GitHub – klamonte/jexer: Java Text User Interface
Debugging with GDB – GDB Text User Interface
W. Richard Stevens External links:
The Protocols by W. Richard Stevens – Goodreads
W. Richard Stevens | InformIT
W. Richard Stevens Quotes – brainyquote.com
X Window System External links:
What Is the X Window System – O’Reilly Media
What is the X Window System? – Indiana University
X Window System : TechWeb : Boston University
Xfce Terminal External links:
Xfce terminal emulator — Ubuntu Apps Directory
XFCE Terminal Tricks! – YouTube