What is involved in Engineering geology
Find out what the related areas are that Engineering geology connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Engineering geology thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Engineering geology journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Engineering geology leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Engineering geology related domains to cover and 102 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Engineering geology, Historical geology, Lateral spreading, Wind turbine, Geographic information system, Hot springs, Geologic map, Geotechnical investigation, Slope stability, Geological Society of America, Planetary geology, Deformation Monitoring, Soil mechanics, Engineering geologist, Ground penetrating radar, Habitat restoration, Frost heaving, Sand replenishment, Outline of geology, Pyroclastic flows, Rock mechanics, Seismic retrofit, Gas emissions, Rock blasting, Mine reclamation, Sewage treatment, Sanitary sewer, Volcanic eruption, Seismic refraction, Debris avalanche, Structural geology, Automatic Deformation Monitoring System, Coastal engineering, Index of geology articles, Pipeline transport, Sub-sea pipeline, Mining engineering, Degrees of freedom, Sea cliff:
Engineering geology Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Engineering geology goals and triple focus on important concepts of Engineering geology relationship management.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Engineering geology with what users do day-to-day?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Engineering geology moving forward?
– How much does Engineering geology help?
Historical geology Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Historical geology issues and do something to it.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Engineering geology is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Engineering geology that make it risky?
– Does the Engineering geology task fit the clients priorities?
Lateral spreading Critical Criteria:
Consult on Lateral spreading tasks and plan concise Lateral spreading education.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Engineering geology process?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Engineering geology objectives?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Engineering geology?
Wind turbine Critical Criteria:
Focus on Wind turbine visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Wind turbine decisions.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Engineering geology project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Engineering geology project lifecycle?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Engineering geology been identified and analyzed?
Geographic information system Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Geographic information system visions and point out Geographic information system tensions in leadership.
– Can we add value to the current Engineering geology decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Engineering geology is underway?
– Think about the functions involved in your Engineering geology project. what processes flow from these functions?
Hot springs Critical Criteria:
Adapt Hot springs goals and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Hot springs.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Engineering geology? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are our Engineering geology Processes?
Geologic map Critical Criteria:
Graph Geologic map quality and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Geologic map.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Engineering geology product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are the usability implications of Engineering geology actions?
Geotechnical investigation Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Geotechnical investigation decisions and pioneer acquisition of Geotechnical investigation systems.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Engineering geology project manager?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Engineering geology activities?
– Do we have past Engineering geology Successes?
Slope stability Critical Criteria:
Test Slope stability engagements and point out Slope stability tensions in leadership.
– When a Engineering geology manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Engineering geology effort?
– What are the short and long-term Engineering geology goals?
Geological Society of America Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Geological Society of America planning and forecast involvement of future Geological Society of America projects in development.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Engineering geology process?
– How can the value of Engineering geology be defined?
– How to deal with Engineering geology Changes?
Planetary geology Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Planetary geology tactics and maintain Planetary geology for success.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Engineering geology models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Engineering geology requirements in detail?
Deformation Monitoring Critical Criteria:
Consult on Deformation Monitoring tactics and work towards be a leading Deformation Monitoring expert.
– What are the key elements of your Engineering geology performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Do Engineering geology rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Soil mechanics Critical Criteria:
Debate over Soil mechanics engagements and correct better engagement with Soil mechanics results.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Engineering geology?
– Are there Engineering geology problems defined?
Engineering geologist Critical Criteria:
Frame Engineering geologist governance and gather Engineering geologist models .
– In the case of a Engineering geology project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Engineering geology project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Engineering geology project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Engineering geology project?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Engineering geology ?
Ground penetrating radar Critical Criteria:
Group Ground penetrating radar tactics and report on developing an effective Ground penetrating radar strategy.
– Do those selected for the Engineering geology team have a good general understanding of what Engineering geology is all about?
– Does Engineering geology systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Habitat restoration Critical Criteria:
Meet over Habitat restoration engagements and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Habitat restoration results.
– How do we know that any Engineering geology analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who will provide the final approval of Engineering geology deliverables?
– What about Engineering geology Analysis of results?
Frost heaving Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Frost heaving visions and oversee Frost heaving requirements.
– What is our Engineering geology Strategy?
Sand replenishment Critical Criteria:
Audit Sand replenishment decisions and transcribe Sand replenishment as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Engineering geology workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Does Engineering geology analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Outline of geology Critical Criteria:
Read up on Outline of geology planning and remodel and develop an effective Outline of geology strategy.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Engineering geology goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Pyroclastic flows Critical Criteria:
Canvass Pyroclastic flows management and get the big picture.
Rock mechanics Critical Criteria:
Guide Rock mechanics strategies and adjust implementation of Rock mechanics.
– What are our needs in relation to Engineering geology skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Engineering geology?
– Do we all define Engineering geology in the same way?
Seismic retrofit Critical Criteria:
Examine Seismic retrofit decisions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How is the value delivered by Engineering geology being measured?
Gas emissions Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Gas emissions risks and look at the big picture.
– Do the Engineering geology decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we measure improved Engineering geology service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Engineering geology move?
Rock blasting Critical Criteria:
Refer to Rock blasting failures and create Rock blasting explanations for all managers.
– What are the disruptive Engineering geology technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Mine reclamation Critical Criteria:
Design Mine reclamation adoptions and secure Mine reclamation creativity.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Engineering geology?
– What business benefits will Engineering geology goals deliver if achieved?
– Are we Assessing Engineering geology and Risk?
Sewage treatment Critical Criteria:
Detail Sewage treatment outcomes and slay a dragon.
– Is there any existing Engineering geology governance structure?
Sanitary sewer Critical Criteria:
Discuss Sanitary sewer engagements and mentor Sanitary sewer customer orientation.
– How important is Engineering geology to the user organizations mission?
Volcanic eruption Critical Criteria:
Focus on Volcanic eruption decisions and find answers.
Seismic refraction Critical Criteria:
Adapt Seismic refraction tasks and overcome Seismic refraction skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Is maximizing Engineering geology protection the same as minimizing Engineering geology loss?
– How do we Identify specific Engineering geology investment and emerging trends?
– What are the barriers to increased Engineering geology production?
Debris avalanche Critical Criteria:
Confer over Debris avalanche failures and oversee implementation of Debris avalanche.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Engineering geology processes?
– Which Engineering geology goals are the most important?
Structural geology Critical Criteria:
Judge Structural geology visions and check on ways to get started with Structural geology.
– How do we go about Comparing Engineering geology approaches/solutions?
Automatic Deformation Monitoring System Critical Criteria:
Rank Automatic Deformation Monitoring System tasks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Engineering geology into the services that we provide?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Engineering geology opportunities costing us money?
– How do we keep improving Engineering geology?
Coastal engineering Critical Criteria:
Trace Coastal engineering adoptions and tour deciding if Coastal engineering progress is made.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Engineering geology products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does Engineering geology analysis show the relationships among important Engineering geology factors?
– Why is Engineering geology important for you now?
Index of geology articles Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Index of geology articles tactics and reduce Index of geology articles costs.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Engineering geology project?
Pipeline transport Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Pipeline transport visions and finalize the present value of growth of Pipeline transport.
– Is Supporting Engineering geology documentation required?
Sub-sea pipeline Critical Criteria:
Test Sub-sea pipeline failures and find out.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Engineering geology strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Will Engineering geology deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Mining engineering Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Mining engineering outcomes and budget for Mining engineering challenges.
Degrees of freedom Critical Criteria:
Focus on Degrees of freedom leadership and oversee Degrees of freedom management by competencies.
Sea cliff Critical Criteria:
Pilot Sea cliff issues and transcribe Sea cliff as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Engineering geology information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Engineering geology services/products?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Engineering geology Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Engineering geology External links:
Engineering Geology – Official Site
Historical geology External links:
Historical geology. (Book, 1949) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Principles of Historical Geology
[PDF]Fundamental Principles of Historical Geology
Lateral spreading External links:
lateral spreading | WSDOT
Lateral spreading control over magmatism – an example …
Wind turbine External links:
Roof Mount Wind Turbine – YouTube
Rope Partner – Wind Turbine Rope Access Experts
AlekoGreenEnergy.com – Wind Turbine, Solar Panel, …
Geographic information system External links:
COT – Geographic Information System (GIS)
PolicyMap – GIS Mapping and Geographic Information System …
Geographic Information System – Kent County, Michigan
Hot springs External links:
Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Geologic map External links:
Geologic map of Yellowstone National Park – USGS
Geologic map of Alaska (generalized) – USGS
Macrostrat – Geologic map
Geotechnical investigation External links:
Geotechnical Investigation Testing by Terracon Longmont
Slope stability External links:
Slope Stability – Rocscience
[PDF]CE 53338 slope stability
Slope stability. (Book, 1974) [WorldCat.org]
Geological Society of America External links:
Geological Society of America Annual Meeting
Geological Society of America | GeoScienceWorld
Geological Society of America – Photos | Facebook
Planetary geology External links:
Planetary Geology, Geophysics, and Geochemistry …
Astrophysics and Planetary Geology
Planetary Geology – UW-Green Bay
Deformation Monitoring External links:
Deformation Monitoring – GEO-Instruments
Deformation monitoring at Mount St. Helens in 1981 and 1982
Soil mechanics External links:
OSHA 3015 – Excavation, Trenching and Soil Mechanics – …
International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering …
What is soil mechanics? – YouTube
Engineering geologist External links:
Engineering Geologist Series – CalHR
Engineering Geologist – CA State Parks
[PDF]Engineering Geologist 5699 3756 9PB02 – State of …
Ground penetrating radar External links:
Ground Penetrating Radar Systems, Inc. – Official Site
Frost heaving External links:
Foundation frost heaving – YouTube
Frost heaving of piles with examples from Fairbanks, Alaska
Frost Heaving: The Journal of Geology: Vol 37, No 5
Sand replenishment External links:
Sand Replenishment Project | San Clemente Times
Pyroclastic flows External links:
Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii: Pyroclastic Flows
Pyroclastic Flows Flashcards | Quizlet
Amazon.com: Pyroclastic Flows: Ela: MP3 Downloads
Rock mechanics External links:
Rock Mechanics – RMIT University
METAROCK Laboratories – Rock Mechanics | …
Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering – Springer
Seismic retrofit External links:
[PDF]Seismic Retrofit of California Memorial Stadium – …
[PDF]Seismic Retrofit of Spliced Sleeve Connections for …
[PDF]What is Seismic Retrofitting?
Gas emissions External links:
Global Greenhouse Gas Emissions Data | US EPA
What are Gas Emissions? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
Greenhouse Gas Emissions – The New York Times
Rock blasting External links:
Rock Blasting – AbeBooks
[PDF]Rock Blasting Effects Operations – curateit.store
Rock blasting (Book, 1985) [WorldCat.org]
Mine reclamation External links:
38th Annual Surface Mine Reclamation Workshop 2016, …
DMR Welcome to the Division of Mine Reclamation
Waukesha County – Nonmetallic Mine Reclamation
Sewage treatment External links:
Sewage treatment – ScienceDaily
Subsurface sewage treatment systems | Minnesota …
Sewage Treatment and Septic Tanks For Sale | Biocell Water
Sanitary sewer External links:
West Hickman sanitary sewer projects | City of Lexington
DEPARTMENT OF SANITARY SEWER SERVICES
Flooding of Sanitary Sewer System | FEMA.gov
Volcanic eruption External links:
Volcanic Eruption – YouTube
Types of Volcanic Eruptions – Geology
Hawaii Puʻu ʻŌʻō Volcanic Eruption and Lava Flow (DR …
Seismic refraction External links:
Seismic Refraction | SouthWest Geophysics Inc
Seismic refraction profile – earthquake.usgs.gov
http://Seismic refraction is a geophysical principle (see refraction) governed by Snell’s Law. Used in the fields of engineering geology, geotechnical engineering and exploration geophysics, seismic refraction traverses (seismic lines) are performed using a seismograph (s) and/or geophone (s), in an array and an energy source.
Debris avalanche External links:
Debris Avalanche Affects Use of Ross Dam Haul Road – …
Structural geology External links:
[PDF]Structural Geology: Deformation of Rocks
Structural geology of the Wind River Basin, Wyoming – …
Coastal engineering External links:
Coastal Engineering Co. – Official Site
Company | Coastal Engineering Co.
Coastal Engineering (Certificate) – Old Dominion University
Index of geology articles External links:
Index of geology articles – Revolvy
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Index of geology articles
Index of geology articles – Video Dailymotion
Pipeline transport External links:
Business Profile | Wolverine Pipeline Transport LTD.
Contact Us | Wolverine Pipeline Transport LTD.
Sub-sea pipeline External links:
RFC: Sub-Sea Pipeline Sensor
Mining engineering External links:
Missouri S&T – Mining Engineering
Home – Mining Engineering
Mining Engineering – Overview
Degrees of freedom External links:
6 Degrees of Freedom – Home | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/6-Degrees- of-Freedom- 1663354973927943
Degrees of Freedom — University of Minnesota Press
TÃ¸tal – Degrees Of Freedom (Original Mix) – YouTube
Sea cliff External links:
Sea Cliff Yacht Club – Official Site
Sea Cliff Gardens – Official Site
11579 Sea Cliff, NY – MapQuest