What is involved in SAP PM
Find out what the related areas are that SAP PM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SAP PM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SAP PM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SAP PM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SAP PM related domains to cover and 125 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SAP PM, SAP ERP, Adaxa Suite, Apache OFBiz, Corporate services, Dynamics 365, ERP software, Eclipse ERP, Enterprise resource planning, Environment, health and safety, Financial accounting, GNU Enterprise, Human Capital Management, JD Edwards, Management accounting, Materials management, Middle ware, Oracle Applications, Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud, Out of the box, Production planning, Quality management, Rate of return, Real estate, Return on investment, SAP NetWeaver, SAP R/2, SAP R/3, SAP S/4HANA, SAP SE, SAP Web Application Server, Secure Network Communications, Secure Socket Layer, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Switching barriers, Tally Solutions, Travel management, User interface:
SAP PM Critical Criteria:
Check SAP PM adoptions and finalize specific methods for SAP PM acceptance.
– What are all of our SAP PM domains and what do they do?
– How will you measure your SAP PM effectiveness?
– How can the value of SAP PM be defined?
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Drive SAP ERP failures and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough SAP ERP results.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect SAP PM workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Can we add value to the current SAP PM decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Who needs to know about SAP PM ?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
Adaxa Suite Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Adaxa Suite leadership and track iterative Adaxa Suite results.
– What is the total cost related to deploying SAP PM, including any consulting or professional services?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good SAP PM project manager?
Apache OFBiz Critical Criteria:
Nurse Apache OFBiz projects and get the big picture.
– What is the source of the strategies for SAP PM strengthening and reform?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic SAP PM objectives?
– Can we do SAP PM without complex (expensive) analysis?
Corporate services Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Corporate services visions and customize techniques for implementing Corporate services controls.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that SAP PM objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective SAP PM leader?
– Think of your SAP PM project. what are the main functions?
Dynamics 365 Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Dynamics 365 goals and question.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom SAP PM project?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the SAP PM requirements in detail?
– What will drive SAP PM change?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Boost ERP software planning and learn.
– What management system can we use to leverage the SAP PM experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the SAP PM process?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of SAP PM moving forward?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
Eclipse ERP Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Eclipse ERP strategies and find the ideas you already have.
– Think about the people you identified for your SAP PM project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once SAP PM is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a SAP PM project?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Use past Enterprise resource planning goals and differentiate in coordinating Enterprise resource planning.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once SAP PM is underway?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your SAP PM activities?
Environment, health and safety Critical Criteria:
Dissect Environment, health and safety visions and customize techniques for implementing Environment, health and safety controls.
– What are the disruptive SAP PM technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Is SAP PM Required?
Financial accounting Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Financial accounting strategies and ask what if.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of SAP PM?
– Do SAP PM rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Why is SAP PM important for you now?
GNU Enterprise Critical Criteria:
Talk about GNU Enterprise goals and probe GNU Enterprise strategic alliances.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these SAP PM processes?
– How will you know that the SAP PM project has been successful?
Human Capital Management Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Human Capital Management decisions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Human Capital Management skills.
– Management systems with more than 500 indicators to monitor aspects of human capital management, even in medium-size, not very sophisticated companies. Too many indicators?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting SAP PM with what users do day-to-day?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its SAP PM processes?
JD Edwards Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on JD Edwards strategies and document what potential JD Edwards megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent SAP PM services/products?
– Is there a SAP PM Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Management accounting Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Management accounting decisions and figure out ways to motivate other Management accounting users.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our SAP PM agendas for the next 3 years?
– Have all basic functions of SAP PM been defined?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Materials management management and sort Materials management activities.
– Do those selected for the SAP PM team have a good general understanding of what SAP PM is all about?
– Have the types of risks that may impact SAP PM been identified and analyzed?
Middle ware Critical Criteria:
Investigate Middle ware tasks and acquire concise Middle ware education.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the SAP PM process?
– What potential environmental factors impact the SAP PM effort?
– What are the barriers to increased SAP PM production?
Oracle Applications Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Oracle Applications outcomes and change contexts.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether SAP PM goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Which Oracle applications are used in your project?
– What is Effective SAP PM?
Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud Critical Criteria:
Depict Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud engagements and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud information.
– In what ways are SAP PM vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– To what extent does management recognize SAP PM as a tool to increase the results?
Out of the box Critical Criteria:
Depict Out of the box projects and devise Out of the box key steps.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a SAP PM process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the SAP PM process available?
– What is the purpose of SAP PM in relation to the mission?
– How do we Improve SAP PM service perception, and satisfaction?
Production planning Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Production planning tactics and figure out ways to motivate other Production planning users.
– Think about the functions involved in your SAP PM project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing SAP PM? There might be some that are less obvious?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Quality management management and forecast involvement of future Quality management projects in development.
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
– Who sets the SAP PM standards?
– Are there SAP PM Models?
Rate of return Critical Criteria:
Devise Rate of return projects and improve Rate of return service perception.
– Why should managers set the required rate of return higher than the rate at which money can be borrowed when making a typical capital budgeting decision?
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– When using the time adjusted rate of return method, how does one know when the true rate of return has been found?
– How can you negotiate SAP PM successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is the true rate of return greater than or less than the discount rate?
– What is Internal Rate of Return (IRR)?
Real estate Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Real estate outcomes and secure Real estate creativity.
– Do we monitor the SAP PM decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are the short and long-term SAP PM goals?
– How to deal with SAP PM Changes?
Return on investment Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Return on investment management and integrate design thinking in Return on investment innovation.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if SAP PM does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– Is SAP PM dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
SAP NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Dissect SAP NetWeaver engagements and check on ways to get started with SAP NetWeaver.
– Does SAP PM create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Does the SAP PM task fit the clients priorities?
SAP R/2 Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect SAP R/2 outcomes and budget for SAP R/2 challenges.
SAP R/3 Critical Criteria:
Experiment with SAP R/3 projects and report on developing an effective SAP R/3 strategy.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a SAP PM project?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of SAP PM activities?
SAP S/4HANA Critical Criteria:
Administer SAP S/4HANA results and document what potential SAP S/4HANA megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a SAP PM strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are internal and external SAP PM relations?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Distinguish SAP SE goals and acquire concise SAP SE education.
– Have you identified your SAP PM key performance indicators?
– Why are SAP PM skills important?
SAP Web Application Server Critical Criteria:
Sort SAP Web Application Server issues and know what your objective is.
– When a SAP PM manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Secure Network Communications Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Secure Network Communications governance and look in other fields.
– In the case of a SAP PM project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a SAP PM project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any SAP PM project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do your measurements capture actionable SAP PM information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Secure Socket Layer Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Secure Socket Layer adoptions and cater for concise Secure Socket Layer education.
– Which customers cant participate in our SAP PM domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Service-oriented architecture strategies and gather Service-oriented architecture models .
– How do mission and objectives affect the SAP PM processes of our organization?
– What are our SAP PM Processes?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Pilot Software categories tactics and balance specific methods for improving Software categories results.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of SAP PM product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new SAP PM in a volatile global economy?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Software developer strategies and mentor Software developer customer orientation.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– What are the Key enablers to make this SAP PM move?
– Which SAP PM goals are the most important?
– How much does SAP PM help?
Switching barriers Critical Criteria:
Explore Switching barriers issues and reduce Switching barriers costs.
– What about SAP PM Analysis of results?
Tally Solutions Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Tally Solutions issues and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What business benefits will SAP PM goals deliver if achieved?
Travel management Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Travel management projects and maintain Travel management for success.
– How can skill-level changes improve SAP PM?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Look at User interface engagements and describe the risks of User interface sustainability.
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SAP PM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SAP PM External links:
SAP PM Interview Questions, Answers, And Explanations: Sap Plant Maintenance Certification Review [Jim Stewart] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on …
What is SAP Plant Maintenance | SAP PM
Plant Maintenance Module training materials – SAP PM
SAP ERP External links:
SAP ERP Modules: Complete List of SAP ERP Modules
SAP Tutorial for beginners Part 1 – SAP ERP – YouTube
http://Ad · Dice.com/SAP
Adaxa Suite External links:
Overview of Adaxa Suite – YouTube
Apache OFBiz External links:
Apache OFBiz (@ApacheOfbiz) | Twitter
Apache OFBiz – Softaculous
Apache Ofbiz at Amazon – Amazon.com
http://Ad · www.Amazon.com/Books
Corporate services External links:
SMG Corporate Services | Reliable Business Services
People – Title : Corporate Services
Retirement Services | Schwab Corporate Services
Dynamics 365 External links:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Start Your Free Trial
http://Ad · dynamics.microsoft.com/Dynamics_365/Free_Trial
Deploy Dynamics 365 App for Outlook – technet.microsoft.com
Field Service | Microsoft Dynamics 365
ERP software External links:
ERP Software – #1 Cloud Accounting Software
http://Ad · online.intacct.com/SageIntacct/Official
ERP Software | Epicor ERP
Munis Software | Financial ERP Software | Tyler Technologies
Eclipse ERP External links:
WHAT IS EPICOR ECLIPSE ERP FOR ELECTRICAL …
MITS Distributor Analytics for Epicor Eclipse ERP software
20 Best Eclipse Erp jobs (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired
Enterprise resource planning External links:
MDConnect | Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Enterprise Resource Planning – ERP – Investopedia
Enterprise Resource Planning Broward County Public Schools
Environment, health and safety External links:
EHS Home Page | Environment, Health and Safety
Environment, Health and Safety | Bloomberg Environment
Home – Environment, Health and Safety
Financial accounting External links:
Financial accounting (Book, 1998) [WorldCat.org]
Financial Accounting | Division of Information Technology
Financial accounting is a specialized form of accounting that keeps track of transactions.
GNU Enterprise External links:
GNU Enterprise – GNU Project – Free Software Foundation
GNU Enterprise – Home | Facebook
Human Capital Management External links:
Human Capital Management
PMAM :: Human Capital Management Solution
JD Edwards External links:
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne – Royal Caribbean International
JD Edwards Implementation – cssus.com
http://Ad · cssus.com/JD-Edwards/Implementation
Lewis Tree Service – JD Edwards
Management accounting External links:
Management Accounting Careers | Accounting.com
Management accounting (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Title Management Accounting – Scribd
Materials management External links:
State of Oregon: Materials Management – Oregon’s …
WasteWise | Sustainable Materials Management | US EPA
What is Materials Management? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
Middle ware External links:
Excel as Middle Ware – YouTube
Oracle Applications External links:
Oracle Applications – Modern Business in the Cloud | Oracle
Oracle Applications Cloud Tutorials – YouTube
RIT Oracle Applications
Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud External links:
Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud – Home | Facebook
Out of the box External links:
Out of the Box: Professionele Escape Games in Antwerpen
Accounting Technology Solutions | Out Of The Box Technology
Getting started with Xbox One Out of the Box
Production planning External links:
What is Production Planning ? Meaning Definition Objectives
Introduction to SAP PP (Production Planning) – Guru99
Scheduling, Analytics, & Production Planning Software
Quality management External links:
Total Quality Management (TQM): What is TQM? | ASQ
abaqis® | Quality Management System
What Is a Quality Management System? | ASQ
Rate of return External links:
Internal Rate Of Return (IRR) Definition | Investopedia
rate of return (ROR) – Investopedia
MIRR Calculator | Modified Internal Rate of Return
Return on investment External links:
How to Calculate a Monthly Return on Investment – Fidelity
Return on Investment ROI Explain Defined Calculated …
Gross Margin Return On Investment – GMROI – Investopedia
SAP NetWeaver External links:
SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java
SAP R/2 External links:
List of SAP R/2 Customers – readycontacts.com
Companies using SAP R/2 – iDataLabs
SAP R/2 is an older version of real-time enterprise resource planning (ERP) software produced by the German company SAP AG, that was replaced by SAP R/3.
http://List of SAP R/2 Customers – readycontacts.com
SAP R/3 External links:
Sap R/3 Architecture Tutorial – Meet Guru99
ReadSoft DOCUMENTS For SAP R/3 – ReadSoft, Inc.
SAP S/4HANA External links:
SAP S/4HANA® Cloud – Watch The Video Overview Now
http://Ad · www.sap.com/s4hana/cloud
SAP S/4HANA® Cloud – Watch The Video Overview Now
http://Ad · www.sap.com/s4hana/cloud
SAP SE External links:
SAP: SAP SE – Stock Quote and News – CNBC
Sap Se – SAP – Stock Price Today – Zacks
SAP SE (SAP) Q4 Earnings Improve Y/Y, 2018 View Buoyant
SAP Web Application Server External links:
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Secure Network Communications External links:
[PDF]Secure Network Communications and Secure Store & …
Setting up SAP Secure Network Communications (SNC) …
Secure Network Communications (SNC) for Software …
Secure Socket Layer External links:
SSL Security, Secure Socket Layer | Entrust
Simple Secure Socket Layer (SSL)/TLS Encryption | Cloudflare
B Configuring Secure Socket Layer with the HTML Server
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Microservices vs. Service-Oriented Architecture – NGINX
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Service-Oriented Architecture | Coursera
Software categories External links:
The Software Categories Guide: What Work Apps Do – Zapier
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Software developer External links:
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Software Developer Salary Information | US News Best Jobs
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Switching barriers External links:
Bases of e-store loyalty: Perceived switching barriers …
Switching Barriers – Think about switching costs! – YouTube
Switching barriers financial definition of Switching barriers
Tally Solutions External links:
155 Tally Solutions reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Tally Solutions Pvt. Ltd. – Google+
TallyHelp : Official online Help channel of Tally Solutions
Travel management External links:
Anthony Travel | University & Sports Travel Management
FlightBridge : Private Aviation Travel Management Made …
Direct Travel | Top Corporate Travel Management Company
User interface External links:
Portal Web Mail User Interface – MyCopper.net
Datatel User Interface 5.4
What is user interface (UI)? – Definition from WhatIs.com